Knit! by Kvadrat is a series of work by 28 different designers exploring the potential of knitted textiles by Kvadrat Febrik. Knit! debuts in Copenhagen during 3 Days of Design (3–5 September 2020) physically and as a digital, interactive exhibition that can be viewed worldwide.
Designers have been chosen from across the world to create pieces with Kvadrat Febrik textiles as the protagonist. Selected by curators Anniina Koivu, Jeffrey Bernett, Johanna Agerman Ross, Njusja de Gier,and Renee Merckx, each designer was picked for their curiosity in experimenting with materials, form and colour, with many operating on the border between industrial design and craft.
Kvadrat Febrik’s knitted textiles are three-dimensional constructions with form-shaping abilities that open up a world of material possibilities. They provide the perfect canvas for the designers to push the boundaries of what can be achieved within their respective disciplines.
The digital exhibition features all 28 works displayed around Kvadrat’s headquarters in Ebeltoft, Denmark, transforming the space into an online gallery. On a dedicated website, viewers will be able to virtually explore the exhibition and see each design in detail, accompanied by the designer who takes the viewer through their inspirations and design process. Knit! is the fourth edition of Kvadrat’s Design Projects, following iterations dedicated to Kvadrat’s Hallingdal 65, Divina and Canvas textiles.
Projects by –
- Conversation Series – Adam Goodrum (Australia)
- Bumpy Basket – Shigeki Fujishiro (Japan)
- Berg – Lim + Lu (Hong Kong)
- If I Had Wings – Zaven (Italy)
- Internal Windows – Akane Moriyama (Sweden)
- Wave Zero – Maria Blaisse and Bin Xu (The Netherlands)
- Doric Columns, Kinetic Object – [Objects of Common Interest(https://objectsofcommoninterest.com ) (United States)
- Salamandre – Léa Baert (France)
- Duct-Taped Blankets – Studio Bertjan Pot (The Netherlands)
- Dressed Up – Marie Sloth Rousing (Denmark)
- Living Room – Visibility (United States)
- Knit Together – Malmö Upcycling Service (Sweden)
- Garment – Ayzit Bostan(Germany)
- Ofset Chair – Ana Kraš(United States)
- Sundays – Paola Sakr (Lebanon)
- Chroma Columns – Raw Color (The Netherlands)
- Hammock Chair – Wataru Kumano (Japan)
- Bola – Michel Charlot (Portugal)
- An Alternative Sample Room – [Elaine Yan Ling Ng / The Fabrick Lab](https://www.elaineyanlingng.com] (Hong Kong)
- A Softly Winded Chair - Faysal Tabbarah Architecture + Other Things (United Arab Emirates)
- A Tri e of Colour – Yinka Ilori (United Kingdom)
- Blue Velvet Colonnade – Bahraini — Danish (Bahrain and Denmark)
- Coalesce – Studio Truly Truly(The Netherlands)
- Orillon – Camille Blatrix and Joschua Brunn (Carmine Brown) (France)
- Seat Prop – Ania Jaworska(United States)
- +Strap – Giulia Chéhab (Switzerland)
- InterPersona – Benja Harney (Australia)
- Shed – Julie Richoz(France)
Discover more at Knit by Kvadrat.